Spark Careers terms and conditions of enrolment
- The following definitions apply to this agreement:
“Spark Careers” is a business name registered to First Class Support Pty Ltd (74 600 465 674).
The information provided by you on the enrolment form will be used by Spark Careers for the purposes of general student administration, communication and verification. Therefore you agree as follows: I give consent to Spark Careers to make any enquiries necessary to verify the information disclosed in this application. Spark Careers will make all reasonable efforts to ensure all scheduled courses are delivered as advertised. However, Spark Careers reserves the right to:
- Run or withdraw any course
- Alter delivery schedules
If any of these course changes are necessary you will be advised in advance where possible, of the changes and the alternative arrangements which will be made available to you to complete your course.
There is no recognition of prior learning available.
Payment of fees
By accepting these terms I agree to pay the Course fees (plus surcharge applicable) for the Course using the payment method I have selected under this Course Enrolment Agreement.
I accept that I am required to pay the full amount of the Course fees even if I do not complete my Course or fail to advise Spark Careers of withdrawal from my Course during the orientation period.
I accept that I am required to pay the Course Fee amount on the due date. I understand that failure to pay on the due date may result in the cancellation of your enrolment in the program.
In the event that I do not complete the Course within the given timeframe, my Course will be immediately suspended and access to my Course denied.
The duration of my Course is stated in the Spark Careers Course information brochure and/or advised at time of enrolment.
Upon receipt of the Course Fee as determined in my Course enrolment agreement, Spark Careers agrees to:
- provide an invoice;
- provide login details to access my online Course Materials and assessments;
- mark and provide feedback on my submitted assessment tasks;
- provide trainer support throughout my enrolment; and
- issue a Certificate or Statement of Attainment/s upon satisfactory completion of my course (if applicable).
I acknowledge the following, in relation to course enrolment:
- Course enrolment is complete when the student has been issued a login for online course access.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the agreed course commencement date will be the date of issuance of a login for online course access.
- Course duration is effective from the agreed course commencement date.
- Login access to available units will be active as at the agreed course commencement date. However, if a payment plan is in force then access to additional units will be active upon payment of instalments.
- A student will be deemed to have commenced their course at the time of login on or after the agreed commencement date.
- The Course is non-transferable once the student has commenced.
Eligible cancellation during orientation period
Should a student wish to withdraw within the orientation period of five days from the commencement of the course, they may do so by contacting a Spark Careers Course Advisor.
Withdrawal from course of study
All applications for withdrawal from units of study must be submitted in writing to a Spark Careers Course Advisor.
No refund of fees or release from financial commitment will be granted for non-attendance.
I agree to honour the payment plan and understand that:
- all instalments must be paid on or before the due date;
- I must ensure that sufficient funds are available in my nominated account to meet the instalment payments;
- Spark Careers reserves the right to suspend access to my online Course in the event that I fail to pay any part of the Course Fees as and when it falls due for payment;
- in the event that I request or fail to advise my course cancellation, the balance of my course fees will be paid in full or continue to be paid under my payment plan schedule; and
- Spark Careers will not issue a Certificate or Statement of Attainment/s until course fees are paid in full.
Should I default on the repayment schedule:
- my enrolment will be suspended and my outstanding account will become immediately due and payable; or
- as a cancelled student my outstanding account will become immediately due and payable;
- the outstanding debt will be forwarded to a debt collection agency, and
- I may also be required to pay additional fees associated with the debt collection process.
I acknowledge that:
- Course Materials are supplied in an online environment, unless otherwise stated in the Spark Careers Course Description, and once enrolment has ended, access is denied. Therefore it becomes the student's responsibility to save and/or copy content as required for reference purposes.
- The content of the online Course Materials, including copyright and all other such intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of First Class Support. You may not reproduce any part of the online Course Materials.
Course Extension Policy
If I wish to continue with my Course beyond the expiry date, application for a course extension must be made in writing to Spark Careers and received 14 days prior to expiry date.
- Spark Careers will not be obliged under any circumstances to extend the period of a student’s enrolment if the student has not completed the program/Course in the allocated time.
- Once the allocated time for a given program/Course has ended the student will no longer be given access to the Course material.
- Spark Careers may grant an extension of a Course at an additional fee.
Spark Careers refund policy and guidelines
Should Spark Careers cancel a Course for any reason, students enrolled at the time Spark Careers announces the cancellation will be entitled to a full refund of course fees paid, and this will incur no administrative charges or penalties. Should Spark Careers be unable to provide all units to meet the student’s course completion schedule, the following will apply:
- Course fees paid will be refunded in full; and
- No Statement of Attainment will be issued on any unit; or
- Course fees paid on any unavailable unit/s will be refunded; and
- Statement of Attainment will be issued for satisfactorily completed units.
If a candidate withdraws from a Course before the commencement of the Course, full refund of the fees will be made, however a cancellation fee of $50 will be withheld to cover administration costs.
Eligible withdrawals, for students enrolled in a Spark Careers Course, received during the orientation period (first 5 days of the course) will receive a full refund of course fees paid, however a cancellation fee of 30% will be withheld to cover trainer and/or administration costs. Statement of Attainment/s will not be issued.
Cancellations (other than eligible cancellations during the orientation period) for students that have commenced their Course, will not be entitled to a refund. Statement of Attainment/s will not be issued.
In the case of a participant who wishes to withdraw from a Course or program due to illness or extreme hardship, Spark Careers may, at its discretion, allow a refund of the fees. The following conditions apply:
- the person concerned must produce satisfactory evidence of the circumstances of his/her withdrawal, such as medical certificates;
- a cancellation fee of 35% of full course fees will be withheld from the refund; or
- withdrawal must take place prior to the expiration of the Course; and
- if a refund has been issued a Statement of Attainment will NOT be granted for any units.
If a student wishes to appeal the decision made regarding their refund application then they should submit their proposal in writing to the Spark Careers Course Advisors which will be reviewed within 14 days and an outcome provide in writing.
Confidentiality and Privacy
We will keep any information (including your account details) in your direct debit request confidential. We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
We will only disclose information that we have about you:
- to the extent specifically required by law; or
- for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim).
- information provided by you is considered confidential and will not be divulged to any third party, nor will it be sold.
Spark Careers may revise the Course Material, Policy Documents and any terms and conditions contained in this agreement, at any time in our sole discretion. Any such revisions will be available from our website.
Acceptance of Course Enrolment Agreement:
By accepting the terms of this Course Enrolment Agreement:
- you are warranting that you are 18 years of age or over; or
- if you are under 18 years of age, you must ensure your parent or guardian accepts the conditions of this Course Enrolment Agreement. By such execution, your parent or guardian acknowledges and accepts the terms and conditions herein, including guaranteeing the principal liability to make payment of the course fee; and
- you are not legally bankrupt; and
- you are giving Spark Careers consent to undertake training and assessment of the chosen course
Late payments penalty:
For students who choose course payment instalment, $ 20 penalty will apply for each late payment after the due date.