How it works
As a trainee at Spark Careers, you’ll work closely with an experienced team and learn how to deliver financial and mortgage advice to a wide range of clients. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills and receive practical training from award-winning advisers, with our director recently being a Finalist for the 2015 AFA Rising Star of the Year Award.
You’ll take part in a training program that’s widely praised as well-structured, robust, and comprehensive. Learn what it takes to develop sound strategy through in-depth analysis in the areas of investment, super, insurance, and tax advice. Discover true insight into the day-to-day operations of a world-class financial advisory firm, and find out if the financial services industry is right for you.
Spark Careers prides itself in providing personal and professional development opportunities. In the training program you’ll receive direct one-on-one training with Directors Adrian Patty, and work with a talented team in an energetic and friendly atmosphere. Set yourself up for a great career in financial services.
Program learning objectives
- Researching products and preparing Product Comparison Checklists
- Development of advice strategy and rationale
- Client and advice document management (scanning and filing accurately)
- Development of superannuation, investment, and tax strategy
- Investment portfolio construction
- Comprehensive understanding of insurance strategy, including features and benefits
- Engaging with clients and the advice process
- Comprehensive cash flow calculations
- Comparing and quoting existing and proposed insurance products
- In-office experience with how a professional financial planning practice operates
Available as a day or night course.
Mondays & Fridays
9am – 5:30pm
18 July – 9 September
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday nights
6:30pm – 9:30pm
18 July - 21 September
- A Windows laptop computer is required to complete training